Canas, Permits, and the USDA

Have you seen interesting snail related news items? Or looking for what is being published about snails?

Moderator: Board moderators

Canas, Permits, and the USDA

Postby TankFancy on Sun May 08, 2005 11:11 pm

I know I don't do a lot of posting, but I thought this was important information to share.
While doing some personal research I was talking to a pet supplier who informed me that they did not carry canas because it is against the law to ship canas to some states.
Interested to know more about this, I contacted the USDA and asked about laws concerning canas. The response I received said that it is against the law to ship canas across ALL U.S state lines and/or country boundaries without a permit.

I realize this info might not be met with much joy for those of you who enjoy breeding and selling canas, but at least it isn't across-the-board illegal. To get info on getting permits, just write to the USDA. You can contact them through usda.gov

I hope this was the proper place to post this info.
TankFancy
Little snail
Little snail

Postby AngryOakTree on Mon May 09, 2005 4:38 am

Does anyone know if it's the same for brigs?
AngryOakTree
Member snail
Member snail

Postby TankFancy on Mon May 09, 2005 4:46 am

I asked and the only snails he mentioned to me that were illegal to transpot over state lines without a permit were canas and African giant land snails. Brigs, spixis, and maisas (the only other snails I mentioned to him) are fine to buy/sell/transport across U.S. state lines.
TankFancy
Little snail
Little snail

Postby TankFancy on Mon May 09, 2005 4:47 am

(sorry for the typos. That should read "marisas") I can't type lol :dance:
TankFancy
Little snail
Little snail

Postby daidilus on Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:09 am

daidilus
Little snail
Little snail