Scientific American/April, 2005 Toxic Snails/Pain Killers

Have you seen interesting snail related news items? Or looking for what is being published about snails?

Moderator: Board moderators

Scientific American/April, 2005 Toxic Snails/Pain Killers

Postby dena on Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:52 pm

Does anyone know where in the USA treatment with the drug named Prialt is being tested or used?

This incredible article in April, 2005's issue of Scientific American brings fantastic hope to spinal cord injury sufferers like myself.

If anyone out there knows where this treatment or implant is available, please let me know ASAP. I might be able to walk again!!!!!!!!

Dena :dance: :dance:
land companions:
Binky, a black American Shorthair cat,
Noah-Anndy, a tortie, a Siamese-mix named Frodo who is disabled; 3 Pomacea Brig adults, Buckeye, Aura and Starbuck and seven grandsnails, 4 Plecos and 3 African Dwarf Frogs
dena
Parent snail
Parent snail

Postby worrywart on Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:02 pm

http://www.prialt.com/

They have a number where you can call the company. I would bet they know where it's being distributed to. Good luck!

-M
"Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it."
--Tallulah Bankhead

Proudly owned by a pug, a terrier mix, two heinz 57 cats, two guinea pig sows, oodles of fish, a couple of frogs, and a gabillion growing brig hatchlings.
worrywart
Parent snail
Parent snail

Big Thank You to Worrywart for Info on Prialt

Postby dena on Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:58 am

The Prialt people at the pharmaceutical company are terrific. Thank you so much for the information on getting a hold of them. I may be the recipient of their implanted ambulatory infusion pump if I fit all the pre-requistes.

This could change my whole life for the better!

Dena
land companions:
Binky, a black American Shorthair cat,
Noah-Anndy, a tortie, a Siamese-mix named Frodo who is disabled; 3 Pomacea Brig adults, Buckeye, Aura and Starbuck and seven grandsnails, 4 Plecos and 3 African Dwarf Frogs
dena
Parent snail
Parent snail

Re: Big Thank You to Worrywart for Info on Prialt

Postby worrywart on Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:22 am

dena wrote:The Prialt people at the pharmaceutical company are terrific. Thank you so much for the information on getting a hold of them. I may be the recipient of their implanted ambulatory infusion pump if I fit all the pre-requistes.

This could change my whole life for the better!

Dena

That is such wonderful news! I'm glad I could help in some small way. :)

Best of luck with the qualifying, you'll have to keep us posted.

-Melissa
"Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it."
--Tallulah Bankhead

Proudly owned by a pug, a terrier mix, two heinz 57 cats, two guinea pig sows, oodles of fish, a couple of frogs, and a gabillion growing brig hatchlings.
worrywart
Parent snail
Parent snail

Return to (Apple) snails in the news