Shipping Snails from the US to Canada.

Have you seen interesting snail related news items? Or looking for what is being published about snails?

Moderator: Board moderators

Shipping Snails from the US to Canada.

Postby badflash on Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:04 am

Just an update on my efforts. Canada has declined to respond to any of my e-mail requests on what is required. This is not surprising, considering how much I needed to prod the USDA to get a response. That being said, actions speak louder than words.

I've been shipping to Canada until it got too cold (8 shipments this fall). The last shipment took 12 days, was opened, and was delivered anyway. The custom's form stated clearly what was in the box. The clutches (pure miracle) hatched anyway. Once they saw what was there, they figured it couldn't be worth taxing... You can draw your own conclusions. I don't know why they make it so hard to figure this stuff out.

If any of you can point me to the regs, I'd be gratefull. I'd do it right if there was a right way. Doesn't seem to be one.
badflash
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:48 pm

the local gov does this to me too :angry:. how come if you ask a question they dont want to answer they just stop responding? there are rules here about them having to respong within 14 working days but they dont take any notice. how are you supposed to get them to answer you?
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby badflash on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:21 pm

If you put it in wriiting and send snail mail, they have a much harder time ignoring it.
badflash
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Pollux on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:42 pm

because it is harder to delete a piece of paper than an email?
Pollux
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby Annie Anderson on Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:21 am

I suppose if they don't want to bother with it, it could always 'accidentally' fall into the circular file :toomuch:
Annie Anderson
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Return to (Apple) snails in the news