USDA Permit

Have you seen interesting snail related news items? Or looking for what is being published about snails?

Moderator: Board moderators

USDA Permit

Postby AnotherSusan on Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:11 pm

I found the permit online at http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ppq/forms/ppqform526.pdf
I am unsure how to fill it out.
Is it possible to have a sample form posted?
I only have a few snails to send to a friend but it is across state lines and won't do it without the permit. I have brigs.
Specifically I am wondering about the following:
Line 3: I am assuming other and then maybe snails?
Line 4: A) Pomacea bridgesi? B) Ampullariidae? C) Can you put both eggs and what? Juveniles? Adults? D) How many specimens should I put? Right now it is just a couple, later it might be lots F) Yes? G) n/a?
7: n/a?
8, 9 and 10: Is the permit filled out again every time something is shipped? If so, then why is it an application?
14: Pet?
15: ?
16: ?
Sorry, I know I am probably making it overcomplicated, but I would prefer to do it correctly. Susan
AnotherSusan
Member snail
Member snail

Postby wyofish on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:58 am

Hi!
I know pbgroupie applied for a permit right before my "leave of absence", I'm sure many others have applied since then, but they'd probably be the best to advise on that.
The way to avoid housework is to live outside

Traders I've had good experiences with: bethany, dorn27, Angjo72, Mamaschild, water_sprite, Lady_Dodecagon, Snailbillie, Melody, Macgen02, will5, badflash, Musket, Aquaria, pbgroupie, Justintoxicated, Inb
wyofish
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby pbgroupie on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:12 pm

Sorry, the e-permit site is down right now. I'll answer your specific questions when I can get the application in front of me.

Suz
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Postby badflash on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:16 pm

I just filled it out as best I could. During the week there is a support number. Stuff I didn't fill in a tech e-mailed me to clarify. You should N/A wierd entries as you are applying for a general permit to ship to a state, no one for a specific pest shipment.
badflash
Veteran snail
Veteran snail

Postby pbgroupie on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:19 pm

The site was down over the weekend for maintenance and I've been down since with a nasty intestinal thing, so I appologize for taking so long to reply.

I would have to get permission from the Federal government to put a copy of the application on this site as they would consider it "unauthorized use" if I didn't. I printed out a copy of the link you provided and I'll do my best to help you.

3. Other (Specify) Invertebrate-mollusks

4. a. Pomecea bridgesi
b. gastropoda, ampullariidae
c. eggs, juveniles, adult (but they won't give you a permit to ship eggs)
d. 12 (or one, it really doesn't matter)
f. yes
g. n/a

7. water

8. the state you are applying for

9. n/a

10. unknown

14. aquarium pet

15. describe your shipping method (ie : All are double bagged, placed in insulated box, all openings in package sealed with tape)

16. term of life, to be disposed of when specimen dies

Hope that helps a bit but please feel free to call them if you have any questions.

Suz
pbgroupie
Advanced moderator snail
Advanced moderator snail

Thank you!

Postby AnotherSusan on Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:47 pm

That helps a lot :) That was why I listed the questions by number, did not want the Feds after me for copyright violation! My husband is starting to look at me funny. I now have 3 tanks and will get more if I can get them cheap :) I am not going to ship anything right now, but someday . . . Susan
AnotherSusan
Member snail
Member snail

Return to (Apple) snails in the news